Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Birchbox Samples Review: September!

super late?

oh well, select products sample reviews

so september's birchbox brought me plenty of goodies, (can't wait to show you what I got with my Madewell discount!) and every month I'll be reviewing the samples that I've used and gotten to use before I get my next box! I just think it's great that we get the samples, but no one ever says, "well this is a great product, I suggest purchasing it," or "I expected much better, that sample sucked"...etc etc. So here are my reviews on some of the samples that came in my box, as you may know from my birchbox opening, my box came really late and I didn't get a chance to use everything/there was so much stuff this month!!

Vasanti's Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator

I have never heard of this brand before getting this scrub in my birchbox, but I'm super curious about their products now that I've tried the Brighten Up! Face Rejuvenator (I mean even the name is exciting) It has a really light, clean, fresh scent and micro-crystals, which I really like for face scrubs because they just feel gentle and not as harsh as bigger beads or pieces, but they still give you a clean, smooth feeling. After using it four times, I didn't notice brighter skin, but as most scrubs will do, my skin was smoother and radiant.  I used it as directed on the bottle, massage onto a wet face and rinse.

21 Drops Concentration 09 Focus Rollerball

Ugh. This sample of an aromatherapy oil for concentration and focus really doesn't do it for me. I don't normally like herbal scented things anyway (besides like, food...) but this rollerball not only doesn't have the best scent, it also doesn't last at all. The packaging is small and cute, but it lasted on my skin for all of 5 minutes and it was totally gone without a trace at all. It also says you can roll this in bags and wherever for some extra focusing power or something, but it just doesn't last long enough...I don't think it's worth the time or money to be quite honest.

Color Club's Nail Polish in Status Update

To my knowledge this is a birchbox designed nail polish, and OMG, just like the birchbox Pink Jouer lip gloss, this too is an amazing color. Birchbox just knows what colors work and look good. This is a classic charcoal gray with a slight blue undertone, and it is so gorgeous for the fall. I forsee this being worn all winter, although it is just too cool a color for the fall, in my opinion, but it is nonetheless amazing. It is exactly the kind of New York gray I've been looking for: modern, sleek, chic and timeless. I totally recommend checking out all of the Color Club fashion week inspired colors on the birchbox website.


Ciao for Now, M

No comments:

Post a Comment