Monday, October 1, 2012

Beauty Review: Stila "In the Know" Palette + Goodies!

a whole lotta Stila

"In the Know" Palette + Two Eyeshadow Singles (with swatches!)


MAJOR APOLOGIES! 
I never intended to miss a blog post day (in case you were wondering, I post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday), and yet alas, I did on Friday and now I feel like I have to make up for it....
SOOOOO...not only will this post be super extra long, but I intend on swatching everything and anything I said I would swatch and yet haven't.

ALSO: SEPTEMBER BIRCHBOX REVIEW COMING THIS WEDNESDAY. 

On to the post!

I received this Stila Palette as a gift from a friend, and I absolutely love it! Stila came out with a new line of palettes this year starting with their "In the Moment" palette for Valentine's Day. They also have the "In the Light" and "In the Garden" palettes, and their most recent, "In the Know". I actually really wanted the "In the Moment" palette when it came out in February, but I couldn't get myself to fall in love with the colors. I was looking for a semi-natural palette that I could love for a long time, and I knew that I would probably rarely use the colors, not to mention just how sparkly they were. I'm okay with shine, but I prefer a matte eyeshadow, especially for everyday. "In the Light" was also too glittery and "In the Garden" also had colors I would never use.



When I first saw "In the Know" I fell in love with the matte colors, and the warm everyday tones. It also comes with a Stila smudgestick in Halfmoon, a charcoal color fine tipped pencil, and a look book which has awesome looks and ideas for different smokey eyes and everyday looks. 

Below are the shades in the palette and then swatched on my arm:


desert, clay, earth, rain, smoke and ebony

(top to bottom, left to right) air, wind, driftwood, fire

smudge stick in halfmoon
top to bottom: air, wind, desert, clay and earth
top to bottom: driftwood, fire, rain, smoke and ebony
    
...I am so in love with this palette, and I totally recommend looking at Stila's other "In the..." palettes, particularly if you like Stila's quality eyeshadows but want something glittery or with more pop colors.

In other Stila news, I went to Nordstrom Rack and picked up some Stila eyeshadow compacts on MAJOR sale... :)

Eyeshadow single compacts in moonlight and sparkle









What a steal! I totally recommend checking out a Nordstrom Rack near you, OR
the final sale section of the Stila website, they have lots of great products, and both of these eyeshadow compacts on sale for a similar price. 


Well, that is all for now, but I will update posts with plenty of swatches, ... and check back for my September birchbox product review, and my October wishlist!


Ciao for Now, M

No comments:

Post a Comment